Peace is Possible


I summon thee O’ Peace,
Thou a soother to restless mind,
My land seek thee we plea
Come now and subtle this tide;
Let thy hands teach us love and to be kind;

Hear O’ Africa and be wise,
My clansmen be slow to anger and war,
Be ethereal and appeases thy strife,
Thy Children are hungry, dying and worn,
Thy land is afflicted, ill and poor…

O’ my countrymen peace is possible,
Let all battle cries end and terror cease,
Farmers, herdsmen and miners.. Peace is workable
Unity, Love and progress.. We should cleave
Let the world embrace and know peace

Shed away garments of hatred and beef,
Stop the power plots and be rich,
Bury thy hatchets and in progress we live;
Religion and ethnicity is our noble niche,
Brotherhood transcends sovereignty as JCI preach

I summon thee O’ Peace,
Thou has been a stranger for so long,
Come to us like heavenly breeze,
Heal and stay to amend all wrongs;
Thou the sweetest of all songs.


Poem: "Peace is Possible" by Olorunleke Odubote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ