Eyes of Näkk

Those eyes I saw,
Held me nigh like a crystal ball;
O’ Mirror, Mirror thou watching the world;
I know already she is the prettiest of all!
So succulent, So raw!
Wildly enticing, I wanted more.
But I knew those eyes I saw;
Thou a goddess basking by the shore,

Entangled thou bid me to thy eyes;
slowly I met at thy flirty stare;
Thy magical voice is a fire and an ice;
Thou so seductive, thou so rare;
Those eyes burns like the sun;
I seek thy heartbeats, I found none;
In thy grasps the flesh heaved to spun;
Awestruck, thy webbed arrogantly won.

Those eyes; O’ Näkk they cunningly stuns;
Thou so seductive, thou so rare;
Thine hypnotic murmur wantonly burns;
O’ charmer of the lakes, thou with snowy flaming hair,
Thy charms had me wantonly in thy snare;
In a quicksand I dare fight not in thy lair.
By the river in thy abode I knew where,
Those eyes I saw are magical, I swear.




Gafar Odubote, “Eyes of Näkk”, copyright 2019



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ