Empty Grave - I Conquered death


I'd conquered death 
twice with the 
blood of the lamb,

Death came again 
with spikes and 
a softy guise,

She fleshed up her 
bony tail with her 
stinging balm,

I looked at her 
eyes and I said 
name your price;

"What's your 
favourite meal aside 
blood and bone?",

My blood is bitter 
and can't be spilled 
even for a pint,

"Then what's your 
cherished Jewellery 
aside skulls and thrones?"

So go away, 
I am a body of light;

I have no grave, 
my place is among the 
people of scented lips,

Dig not the hole 
that goes six feet 
into the land of the hades,

I won't sleep there, 
I won't step there,
I won't dwell among it's keep;

My clansmen please don't go 
to an empty grave, 
Am not there, I've said this...

I won't be in the shadow of 
casted beings of death 
for thousands years,

Where death icy hands 
torment the souls of meekly
Judged that are dead,

I have no grave 
though embattled 
with those grisly fears;

I anoint my kinsmen
from the darkly piercing 
icy hands which they dread,

The dreaded that steals 
the sanity of both old 
and young in its circumference,

I rebuke you death 
be gone forever with 
your assassin knights,

My body shall not lie 
within your grasp as a hold
for encumbrance;

I have no grave, 
I am an anointed 
body of light;

(Poem: “Empty Grave Part 2” by Olorunleke Odubote)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ