I Bleed for Benue


I heard their
loud eerie cry
from miles away mixed
with crushes of bones
and it's sultry damp;
.
My clansmen were
tortured, massacred
and wasted with
their bodies littered
at the cathedral
turned mortuary;
.
If only death
had strangled
them in their
dreams we could've
cleansed the land
with the blood
of the lamb;
.
If only these
were caused
by the gods
we could have
appeased Amadioha
and Ógun at its
sanctuary;
.
But they were hounds
and scavengers that
came at the wake
of the dawn to the
rise of the sun with
their hatchets, gun
and knives to steal
defenseless souls;
.
Who will heal
the wounds of
my clan or bury
the fiery dog that
relish only the fetus
of the saintly virgins
that offers prayers
at the town's cathedral?
.
Not the rulers or
those at the Aso rock
can avert this calamity
masterminded to cover
their woes ...
only God can
save my foes !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ilę sù lọ