Diversity


"I heard the whisper that don't cross that line;
But I am diversity - I am not bound to a clan;
Now becoming a mirage - no longer invited to dine;
But l've being here from the early days of man;
I know the homes of kings and places of treasures,
I bring positive critics to your teams and boards;
Within my arms peace is possible and we all know for sure,
I bring resonance and symphony with my strings and chords,"
.
"Like an unwanted guest, we chased you out;
We left you shattered like a broken mirror reflecting million faces;
My clansmen called you names, such as being north, east, west & south;
My darling diversity is only here like a bridge to connect us to heavenly places;
We sunk your ship beneath the deep sea of time,
My nation has forgotten the climax of 1960 and the likes,
We crashed your pride like a calabash of slime,
Now at your absence different nation strikes,
.
"We are here, we are one;
We are Diverse, we shine like the sun;
We bring illumination with different tongues,
We are like the mud that modes humanity to a bond;
We are here, we are one";
.
(Poem: “Diversity” by Olorunleke Odubote)
Inspired from my LA XIX class (Gargantuan Gaffystone)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ