Ode to my Father


An Ode to my father,
Thou a god like no other,
Thy prowess illuminates like the sun,
Sparklingly glad to be thy Son,

A young warrior from birth,
Thy warship at Imodi-Mosan was berth,
An Ijebu-lagos finest of men,
With unwavering principles unlike men

An Ode to the Lion of my clan,
I give homage to him that made me man;
Who dare confront thee in the battle of wars?
Thou that roars and ride on their corps;

Thou sharpened my canine than hunting bone,
My bicep wantonly tamed all flaming bows,
My father the native jaguar of the hills,
Thou that commands the turbulence of the sea,

An Ode to a virile and humble lover,
An inner muse beyond the armour cover, 
Thou the sparkles to my mama's eyes;
Through a bond of unconditional ties;

My father is not just a gem,
He is the finest of men,
A priceless reflection of perfection,
He wears respect and love as attraction.



(Poem: “Ode to my Father” by Olorunleke Odubote)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ