Let's Embrace Peace


Let the peace from above descend now,
Come to us like the freshness of an ocean breeze,
The crisis though is strong, so I don’t know how..
Still we pray for all inner turbulence to cease;
O’ peace, we have been waiting for long;
Set yourself free from the shackles of men,
Come speedily now to correct all wrongs,

I heard the whirl sound;
From a tiny voice afar;
Little ones on a Zion bound;
Trembling till their mind torn apart.
We all agreed that peace is possible;
Why the sudden massacre?
My clansmen this is horrible;

Another battle is brewing;
Like a decade palm wine ferment;
This crisis is all our doing;
Aren't you tired as the children lament?
Each time I hear the infants cry,
Or the weeping from the mothers,
Those thoughts make one dry,

Let the peace from above descend now,
And fill our mind like the holy Ghost,
We will open our heart to you; I vow..
Peace come to us like an heavenly host,
All the good people of my clan are almost gone,
Peace come to us like a reality,
We want all these pains gone and gone;

It's the twelfth month,
Many are yet to belle-full ,
Their daily bread they silently hunt;
So scarce a juice for a spoonful;
The road to the farms are blocked,
The fields are now mined for manhunt,
So silent a season; all doors locked;

Not once or twice; I muttered why !
The ground has swallowed more flesh than seed;
The initiators are those in their lair;
My kinsmen blindly execute their bid ,
Wake up Nigeria, embrace peace ,
Your neighbour is beautiful and nice;
Lay down all guns and let the war finally cease

Let the peace from above descend now,
Like a joyous rain on our thirsty land,
Then gladly we harvest in sweat and plough,
Lets embrace peace and that’s where I stand,
No more crisis in homes and country at large,
No more child abuse, poverty and war,
O’ Peace we submit to you, kindly take charge.


(Poem: “Embrace Peace” by Olorunleke Odubote)

Comments

  1. Peace is all we need in this world... Lets share this poem till it gets to every corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can all make peace happen... I stand with Peace

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ