Broken


All it took was your smile,
I wonder why I missed it all these while;
Perhaps it was that storm that took me adrift,
Now am free from those shades of makeshift...
That took me farther from their shores;
Now am broken and all yours;
I sigh.. I muse
I wanted you so bad like a booze;
But I stopped drinking and became bright,
When I met you on Timmy street that night,
Stupid me, I was heavy with the smell of ale..
I staggered, halted and couldn't say hi;
I was skinny and coarse,
So terrible at sight and hoarse,
Lost for words, crawled back to the dark;
There I was, till you took me back.

I am broken and all yours;
Filled me up as my redemption pours,
Your beauty is as sharp as your flaming eyes,
Burn me off from all loneliness that are cold as ice;
A single glance was all I need;
A single touch from you I plead;
I won't hesitate for just a kiss;
The softness of your lips would be a bliss;
Haunt me further with your flaming eyes;
I seek your affections like the silent ecstasy cries,
I'll run my fingers through your hair as you lay,
To have you here and near, I pray!



Leke Odubote, “Broken", copyright 2017

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ