Remorseless


This day I came forth from the immerser,
Evolved I became from a molten salt;
Breathless, ageless... deeply was the hole;
Am I still here ? with this flesh severely burnt!...
It's cerebrospinal upholds like the incense of the wilderness,
Like those our ancestors used to wade and bade;
Whenever the flesh sought the lust consummating its sanity,
For this now I seek atonement before I fade..
Beyond the line that the lights have shone not too bright;
Hollowed... burrowed
Neither the Wherewithal for the wages of sin I could bear;
Nor the stomach for the mourning of the venerable sages in their lair,
The remorseless soul wantonly contented with the fear;
Is this how repentance feel?
Where thou the feeling of elation that called loudly from the space of oblivion?
Is this what Agogo-Ija the fearless of my clan died for?
The warrior that made the forest of the gods a dominion.
With his spear he bended the knees of the foreign gods,
Insatiable, thirsty...
Atonement can't quench... can't pacify..
The keeper of the gallows may as well take this head,


Leke Odubote, “Remorseless”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ