First Cry


It was a clear blue sky;

The day of my tiny first cry;

Though it was a silent darkly night;

But the sky was unusually bright;

Sparkling was the lonely star;

Afar off at a glance so far;

Wantonly in pain, swam the crimson flood;

At two arms apart; So leaped from the dripping blood;



Alas, this moment the softness of the tide;

Battles with the roar of the joyous pride;

Today in this white I humbly slay;

At the end; in this white I will eternally lay;

As this flesh wantonly groves it’s birthday;

So as the spirit awakens beyond deathday;

This is my prayer as I traverse this road;

For a tender blue sky for the meek and bold;

A beautiful love that’s true and deep;

And a soft earth to rest when time to sleep.





(Written on my birthday: 13.09.18)



Gafar Odubote, “First Cry”, copyright 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ