thou foe and friendly foe


O' aye! i see the night wantonly brewed,
Like the ale of the middle west,
O' peace with thou not my subtle mind subdued,
I may rest from the stormy hand of thine woes and unrest;

Two letters i got from thee, O' whirlwind,
Thy stampedes came hauntingly at my camp,
Like Sennacherib king of Assyria on Hezekiah skin;
Thou not heard his army went beyond earthly ramp

O' thou foe and friendly foe,
Reap now what thine sow,

O' aye! the darkness over the brim wallows
;Calling with a husky voice i seldom know,
Thy shadow came like the dunes and its hollow;
Thou a foe and a woe,

With thine thick darkly veil, thou cant see, 
I call now every illumination of light,
Come forth thou and end all darkly spree,
Come forth, my humble knight.

I call thee God of Elijah, may thou begin;
Let the wind now cease !
I call thee every illumination of peace;
I command thee, whirlwind now cease !

Gafar Odubote, “thou foe and friendly foe”, copyright 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ