He is Coming


Oh my clans men;
Why thou afraid of the light ?
Why thou against the gospel of my doctrine?
You chose the path merely good at thy sight.

It's Ringing aloud,
Like a church bell
Somewhere around,
It's end-time and hell,
Christ is coming,
Girdle up and be re-born,
Maybe in the morning
Tonight or at dawn,

People were in awe;
Ceaselessly questioning our faith;
"Why thou worship as thus?"
They leashed us never beyond their gate,

I adorn my unembellished garment,
Like the princely Cherubim,
My tongue is like a sword of peace,
Steadfastly I uphold the glory of seraphim.

Seen much of the world,
The gospels now fulfilled,
Jesus is Lord,
Leave behind at its foothill 
 He is calling
That we may repent,
He is coming,
To save from the serpent.

Proudly Cherubim and Seraphim I am,
Graciously on a mission bound;
Our apparel as white as snow shall glow,
Calling to the light as our bell sounds.



Poem: “He is Coming” by Olorunleke Odubote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ