Summoned


This night I lay,
Among strange eyes,
Like thorns, am gray,
Swayed by kinsmen lies;
Those we voted,
Those we boasted,

With blood and tears,
They marred, no fears.

Fingered among peers,
For murdering the clan,
As I campaigned and dared,
Unseated by kinsmen plan.
I saw my daughter wept,
For the first time I melt,

When the heat is unbearable,
Through my actions, unforgivable 

Once acclaimed the messiah,
I swore that they would be far-best,
Anointed by people's desires
Now in the mud of unyielded harvest
My kinsmen are in the house,
In the court and government house,

They looted without clue,
They seated as a lobby sprue 

By the gate I stood like Mordecai
To bring my kinsman back online,
Like Harman they made a battle-cry
Seeking the fall of the divine,
The balloting has been done,
Now my clansmen terribly mourn,

Today am summoned but firstly I lay,
To be judged for the kinsmen I bailed


Poem: “Summoned” by Olorunleke Odubote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ