Strange Path


Just another day,
Night has come,
Verily soon I lay, 
The day has gone; 
But seems am lost, 
Mind is hollow, 
After this, is dust, 
Hard to swallow.

Just another circle, 
The day is old
The silence tackles, 
Strange and cold, 
The dark knocks, 
Spreading his tentacles 
What a fear, it shocks 
An unsavoury spectacles,


Just another night, 
O' what a view, 
How dark it might 
When at its darkest hue, 
Rustling and windy, 
The unseen stalks, 
Emptying and chilly 
As the shadow walks,


I will trail this path, 
Just once, no other, 
O' save me from thy wrath, 
I shouted, just only mutter.
I shed away every shade of darkness,
Binding me to its shackles,
I illuminate my shadows with light,
Within my sight, every touch sparkles.


“Strange Path by Olorunleke Odubote”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ