Agbeke: a dream come true


On a day when the sky was blue 
A little shower with a blossom bliss 
My little charming queen came anew 
Born to life with a gentle ease 

It was a Saturday in January 
From an aperture: I saw the sky 
In the distance: I saw the sanctuary 
My darling Agbeke born a star 

It took me awhile like a race 
More than a decade and some years 
Before mercy brought again your face 
Now a worry heart has no fears 

Agbeke: a dream come true 
An angel I saw at the heaven's gate 
When the sky was pure and blue 
Giving hope to my joyous little faith 

Her voice like the softest timbre 
Her smiles like a tender child 
Her body like an idol from a timber 
Her presence can calm a turbulent tide... 

Agbeke: a dream come true 
My sunshine, my partner thou hath 
I met you, i became fresh and new 
Giving life and love to my able heart 

Agbeke like the good river goddess 
Her beauty no one can sketch 
So strong and like the boldest 
Her waters only for the strong to fetch 

Her eyeballs like a glowing ember 
With a fire that untamely flames 
Shining like the rubies of Sheba 
Beautiful eyes: only ogo can claim 

... Ọmọ agbéja_ọba 
Tenderly I call thy name 
Agbeke mii: its you and no other 
Endless love...you remain the same 


Poem: “Agbeke: a dream come true” by Olorunleke Odubote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ