Letter to LA


Blinking.. thinking, over my parchment for thee,
To sing thy praises for the world to see,
Then I remember how humble and cheerful you are;
Olalekan Abdul you are adorned with a shining star,

A toast to thee a leader to the core;
Thou that play and make fun at its raw;
“LA” as we all fondly call,
Thou also pray and teaches like Apostle Paul”,
Long live to you and ever more..

I spread my palms in front of you,
Through them you will see the truth;
Of how much you mean to all and me;
Lekan Abdul you are blessed and it’s meant to be,

“May your days unfold to light,
To awake thy joy to ethereal height,
As we toast to the day you were born;
May the heaven open its prosperity doors,”

We will celebrate thee forever and a day,
Thou the noblest and meekly of all;
The CEO that ploughs for all to feast,
Even as the economy drowns and Naira falls..

For the first time in a long time, I felt so sure,
If we can have LA and those that are pure;
This world will become better for us to adore,
Happy birthday CEO Olalekan Abdul


(Poem: “Letter to LA” by Olorunleke Odubote)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ