I Stand


I stand my ground this day,
Where my persecution laid at rest,
All stones and pebbles to thy grates,
My clansmen blood dusted my crest.

On this same earth I stand,
Nauseated by the beam of war,
In-between my rival clans I stand;
Pierced to dust like a desert whore.

I stand firm though with feeble legs,
Like an iroko with lashes of wind,
Will my ancestors take back the curses of this land?
Where the partridges no longer sing...

This day I stand,
Like a veteran of the Savannah;
Let's adorn our emissaries with a clean mitre,
Before they traverse those border mine-lined of Sahara.

My placard laden neck will stand,
On this course of appeasing our clans,
Beyond the grave of unmarked martyrs;
I stand for Peace and unity of all clans.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ