Nwabugo


Goddess of the south,
I awoke in thy crystal cave,
Thou the most delicate, no doubt
Am afraid, now am closer to grave;
Who took me here?;
Fate has cheated again,
Am now trapped in thy lair,
Goodwill I have none to bargain,
I recollect twenty hearts I broke,
Their tears has awoken Nwabugo,
Here come her spear with smoke,
Yet I marvel at her beauty and ego
If in another realm, a place from here
My hands will pass thy drapery dress,
To unravel thy curvaceous pearl,
And wantonly nestled within thy nest

Nwabugo, thy fire is soothing,
But only for the mild and sane,
Thy touch is tough but smoothing,
Like moth I will stick to thy flames,
What would my punishment be?
Pardon and be soft like fluff,
Others has never survived thy decree,
Especially those lawless and rough
Thy blazing spear appears,
Like an heated ambigram of thy name,
It pierced my skin off unfamiliar affairs
Drained off, drained of all blames,
Nwabugo goddess of the south,
After this ordeal I wantonly seek, 
To taste the freshness of thy mouth,
A fountain for those atoned and weak,

Darkness and day,
Still in thy crystal crave,
On thy sacred floor I lay
Wondering if am in my final grave,
Nwabugo, a queen of beauty
Thou knew the history of the kings,
Am atoned from deeds of cruelty;
Now I leap from all nuptial sins,
I sigh then I blink,
Nwabugo came unannounced
So unaware, then I sink;
So magical, yet unpronounced
This is magical,
In a very uncommon place,
Nwabugo so radical
Am still in a place like maze;


(Poem: “Nwabugo” by Olorunleke Odubote)



Picture Source: RODNEYAVO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ