Silence and Beauty


Silence !
O’ thou is beautiful at sight,
Thy beauty is like the stillness of the night
I immersed deeply in thy solitude,
To the soundless, I become thy servitude;
Thy beauty is as intoxicating as the old,
So hot and saving from the cold,
Let thy unseen hands atone my wrestling mind,
To drink from thy lost well of its kind;
So my mortality can find peace;
Within turbulence and noise, a bliss.

Silence !
Let thy warm arms give me fortitude;
Unlike the dark, thou is of rectitude;
Thy beauty is like a virgin of my imodi town,
That captivate my clansmen in her flowery gown,
Hide me in thy cave of beauty;
From the noises and those of cruelty,
Within thy shade I can see even when blind;
Though it stings, wantonly glad we twined,
Will thou be forever as you wish ?
Thy free will to be as thou please;

Silence !
Within thy lair my deepest thoughts unfold,
Thou unlock those sacred stories untold,
Which walks like ink on my parchment pages
An inspiration thou have been for ages,
Silence and beauty; thou the romantic of all,
Within this space, you heed every call
Thy touches though unseen, is soft and magical
So nostalgia with thou I become fanatical;
O’ Silence thou is beautiful,
I will honour thy sanctuary, indeed dutiful. 

Poem: “Silence” by Olorunleke Odubote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ