Dawn and Dusk


I will swallow thee like my favourite pill,
Your presence in me blossoms so real,
I will keep you there in my round tower;
As long as I have you within my power;

So drop your heart at my footstep,
I will watch over it till sunset
But at dawn the beauty can once again sleep
Until dusk again I will wantonly take the deep

Let me swim through thy endless sea,
I wont gas out until I have that deal,
Where we can twine like butterfly and lily,
With my fingers in thy locks 

What again can I do to pin you down?
Wantonly I want thee forever and now;
Thy fire has consumed deep down my spine,
Let me burn till I made you mine.

Between dawn and dusk is you,
Each day you blossom anew,
For now I will watch you sleep;
Till dusk again to ecstasy we leap

Poem: “Dawn and Dusk” by Olorunleke Odubote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ