A toast to Gaffy


A toast to gaffystone,
The husband like a strength of Lion,
Thy voice like the note of saxophone,
Wantonly with thy touch I fly to Zion,
Thou with thy sparkles ignited my ion;

The lion of my tribe I hail thee,
An Odubote warrior of decent breed,
A jewel thou made only for thy eye to see;
Thou enthroned and planted in me thy seed..
With gladness I took it and for more I plead;

O’ Gaffy I lean on thy sceptre,
Ogolicious Ogo the tamer of the tempest,
Thou that break lose all holds and fetters,
Gleefully with thy fingers, thou the bestest..
Am very glad to be thy empress.

Olorunleke thou a sunlight to Agbeke world,
Thou a sage with ethereal brilliancy that’s rare..
For thy creation, I praise the mighty God,
I appreciate thy resiliency and care;
Always glad to have you here and near.

(Poem: “A Toast to gaffy” by Agbeke)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ