Cruel Majesty


Your Majesty, O' mercy I plead,
Harken thy heart, heed my plea;
Am just a wandering African breeze,
Let me in, lest I freeze.

Will thou put me behind those iron bars?
I'd spent like eternity on this road by air and far,
I've valid papers but is it my skin?
Please show mercy and pardon my sin.

But I treated thee well when thou was in my home;
I gave thee another summer so thou wouldn't feel at lone;
With my flesh thou flourished and thrives..
Which our forefathers handsomely paid the price;

Your Majesty, O' mercy I plead,
Send me back home, from my heart I bleed;
My bones ache for African soil and sun;
Thou hurt me like a spoil for fun;

No wifi, so dark, no one to call;
No helper, so dark, few things I saw,
My ancestors were fastly shackled to those grates,
With smile and bruises; O' what a fate!

O'My clansmen, you all have forsaken me,
I emailed, I called, my government rejected me;
What a fate, a long journey to freedom;
Wantonly tossed like a commoner without kingdom;

Your Majesty, O' mercy I plead,
Harken thy heart, heed my plea;
Am just a wandering African Prince,
Let me in, i come in peace.




(Dedicated to Africans with pure hearts that are not treated with care in some places of the world - be cheerful and come home!)

Leke Odubote, “cruel majesty”, copyright 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ