My Daughter SEA


SEA,
Thou came to me like the fresh morning light of a summer and I sob;
It caught me amidst adulthood and I panicked like a bird in fright;
Fatherhood ensnares; a falsehood taught at my downtown pub;
Howbeit a jewel spring forth in my abode and make the darkness bright;

Perhaps thy beauteous mind has singled me out...
When thou came to me like rainfall in a desert that becomes a SEA and i smile,
Now awestruck; I want thee no doubt;
As I basked in thy innocence like an immersion of saints in river Nile;

With the softness of thy waggling feet; I startled and I love at first sight;
O' Cherubs and Seraphs I beseech thee and I fervently pray,
Make thine eyes keenly on my jewel both in the darkness of the day and night;
To my young lion my SEA; Happy 2nd birthday.




(A poem written to celebrate SEA’s 2nd year birthday in August 2017)
Gafar Odubote, “My daughter SEA”, copyright 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ