gods of Harjumaa


Faraway in Harjumaa, the sun broke fast and new,
It stares at me from little gaps in wood,
I sauntered through with my legs dipped in dew,
This reminds of English folklore called Robin Hood;
Ne'er seen such a beatitude in a day,
(Tho' they had me packed before night-time)
Not such greens in my erstwhile stay;
But this little is enough for a lifetime;

I grimaced in queer at the autumn air,
Searching for the gods that made here abode;
In between the woods, I saw a dear;
This must be the spirit that upholds...
... the lair;

With my little feet, I tiptoed and crawled,
I saw glitters and another doe in awe,
Maybe I've seen a Viikingnite Küla demigod;
It gazed at me with tender warmth;
I drank from its brook with the ancient horn,
A Harjumaa demigod has met an African god;
After some ethereal moments it was all gone,
Me, Tallinn and Harjumaa now share a common bond;




(Written during my short stay in Saula Village, Harjumaa, Estonia… and I saw the gods of Harjumaa).

Leke Odubote, “gods of Harjumaa”, copyright 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ