Beauteous Woman


A beauteous woman I saw,
On one of my journey to the north,
Her eyes shone so bright like the sun;
In her arms I found a forte;

On her right hand is a map of beyond;
A luminous place for few to savor,
Where lovers meet by the Mediterranean pond;
Made of an ethereal ink of sacred flavor;

On her right feet is a Balearic poem,
Made of seven letters and is pure;
A poetry only from the goddess realm,
How long will I see you, so much to endure?

Then her voice came afloat,
With a timbre honed by Ibiza honeycomb,
So soothing like the sixteenth note,
Nostalgic I felt at the homely tone.

Gafar Odubote, “Beauteous Woman”, copyright 2019

A poem describing a women of a Spanish decent – from Ibiza – one of the Balearic islands in Spain;  whom the writer met on one of his journey to the north.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ