Magical Night


It was a magical night,
The sky was blue and hot;
Your beautiful eyes illuminates the light;
With thee, my heart wantonly sought;

There I saw thee dance,
Twisting softly like a feather in the wind,
I couldn’t help but to ask for a chance;
To hold thee as thine body swing;

In thy rhythms I found my lost song,
No hiding, thou so charming strong;
Thy movement makes a perfect song,
In thy arms I felt no wrong,

Thy eyes shone bright like the sun,
Sending a glow that’s pure,
From thy gaze I thought I would burn,
Howbeit it came soothingly as a cure;

So soft thy hair like a wool,
Thy lips is like the petals of a rose,
Under thy pure magic I swoon,
So magical while I had you close;

With thee, I wish for more magical nights,
Where I will find you dance to the moon,
I wish for more of those sights,
I hope it will come very soon.


Gafar Odubote, “Magical Night”, copyright 2019

A poem describing an encounter of a young man with an lady who he shared a deep connection with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ