Agbeke Ogo


My Lady Agbeke Ogo
My beautiful Agbeke,
Have told you countless of times,
That you are the only Olori I love,

My clansmen are full of envy,
Of how lucky I am;
Even those isokan brothers;
wondered why an Angel can love a thug like me!!

Thunderstorms or the Snowflakes.. 
Don't worry, you have me;
Pleasure times, earthly-quakes,
Just don't mince, am ready.

You don't have to call,
I can feel your heartbeat;
You can never fall,
Don't fret, am your superman;

Have told you countless of times,
That I love you more than you know;
Even before I said those lines,
Have been loving you from the womb.

It's the 12th day after our anniversary;
Almost the 12th hour after you said "I do"
Now I recall the victory over thy adversary;
When I gallantly won you from their piercing fangs.

Agbeke let me sing you this song,
With the strings I will play all night long,
Which I read from an ethereal parchment,
From within a joyous heart's Sacrament...

"You are my sunlight,
That lights up my blue-sky
You are my moonlight;
No more darkness I can't overcome"
"Your charming smiles,
Creates in me a perfect dream,
Your love makes me high,
More than any Palm wine steam"

Poem: “Agbeke Ogo” by Olorunleke Odubote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ