When i got the Yes





It was on a Saturday, 
The first one In 2014 December,
I can't wait for another day;
This has to be a moment to remember 

"The sunshine of my life 
Tender your beauty strive 
I'll love you forever I swear 
A cultured woman I found so rare"

I woke fresh and strong,
Even after a long night of partying 
Kept pondering, what if am wrong;
And she said no after so much worrying !

"I bless the day we met 
On timmy street on earth 
I bless the day you said YES 
You were beautiful in your satin dress"

I picked up the ring
Pondering how best it would fit,
Should I propose with a string?
While I kneel at her feet...

"The sunshine of my life 
Can you be my blessed wife? 
Hand-in-hand to the aisle 
Joyously to a wedding dine"

I called and told her to visit,
So we could take cream at the Coldstone;
After persuasion, with yes but a limit,
Not tasting, while I hid the crystal-stone;

"Time past i was weary from love, 
but with you am ignited for love 
You have started the fire within me, 
And it will burn forever so far we be"

After weary long minutes,
I told her to marry me;
On my knees without limits;
Then she said YES with a bliss

She said yes.


Poem: “When i got the Yes” by Olorunleke Odubote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ