Goddess i Sought


I was a lone wolf of a decent breed,
Without the park, I denied my hunting creed;
After the shadows of the goddess of my dreams,
Wantonly charmed by her daunting streams.

A glimpse was all I saw;
When thou laid nestling by the shore;
Thy voice charmed me to a softly fall,
Beyond this shadow I pray for more;

Show me the entrance to thy abode;
Let thy petals to my touch unfold,
I will honour thy bids as divine duty;
O'ye the embodiment of beauty,

Even if it's for a thousand years, let it be;
Let thy immortality entangle me;
I will set the course to thy sanctuary,
Where thy awesomeness deeply rooted naturally,

I plunged ahead on this uncharted course,
I swam deeply through her terrestrial cores;
Pleasure, hatred - Still I chanted along,
Those names I learnt from an aging song.

By thy shore, I will wait,
But not so long to be late;
Till thy shadows become real,
Unfettered to thy spell-bound seal.


Poem: “Goddess i Sought” by Olorunleke Odubote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Bleed for Benue

ilę sù lọ